WHO WE ARE
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Virginia offers a lineup of nationally recognized programs that address today’s most pressing youth issues. For 30 years, our core programs have engaged young people in activities with adults and peers, building our kids’ self-esteem and helping them reach their full potential. With locations in Albemarle, Charlottesville, Madison, and Orange, our Clubs now serve more than 2,000 kids annually.
WHAT WE DO
The Club provides an after school and summer program for children and teens ages 5-18, comprised of diverse activities that meet the interests of all youth. Our goals are to ensure that all teens graduate from high school with a plan for their future, that all members develop a healthy lifestyle and strong character and citizenship. Boys & Girls Clubs of America offers a lineup of tested and proven nationally recognized programs that address today’s most pressing youth issues, teaching young people the skills they need to succeed in life. These five core programs engage young people in activities with adults, peers and family members that enable them to develop self-esteem and to reach their full potential. In addition, Club staff develop and implement meaningful programs based on the physical, emotional, cultural and social needs of youth in our own community.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fun! — Rule number one for almost everything that happens at the Club is that it must be fun.
- A Safe Place — The Club is a safe place where young people can come to enjoy themselves and their friends.
- Opportunities — Club members have the opportunity to learn, grow, give back to the community, discover their needs, set goals, and meet new friends.
- Full Schedule of Great Activities — From simple games to leadership opportunities, we offer a wide range of activities.
- Age-Appropriate Services — Boys & Girls Clubs strive to meet the youth development needs in their communities.
Stop by, meet our staff, and learn more about what we have to offer.